10.0.0.1 is a private IP address that is used as the default gateway address by some manufacturers for their routers. It is used to access the admin dashboard of the router and access the router settings. It is a unique address and cannot be assigned to more than one device at once.
It is used mostly by Comcast/Xfinity for the admin dashboard of the routers. From the admin dashboard of the router, you can access all the required settings of the router from internet settings to LAN and wireless settings.
How to login to the admin dashboard through 10.0.0.1?
Here is the login procedure to access the admin dashboard of your router through 10.0.0.1: (You need to have 10.0.0.1 as the default gateway address otherwise you won’t be able to access anything on 10.0.0.1.)
- Connect your PC to the router using an Ethernet cable by connecting one end of the cable into the LAN port of your PC and the other end into the LAN port of the router. You can also connect to the Wi-Fi network of the router.
- Once your PC is connected to the router, open a web browser on your PC.
- Open a new tab and in the address bar, type http://10.0.0.1 or 10.0.0.1, and press Enter.
- A login page with the branding of your router will appear. You will be asked to enter the login username and password to continue.
- The default login credentials for most routers with IP address of 10.0.0.1 are:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
- Once you are logged in to the admin dashboard of the router, all of the settings will be displayed and you can make all the required changes from there.
Note: There are several mistyped IP addresses such as 10.0.0.0.1 or with an “O” instead of numerical zero. Upon typing such invalid URLs you may not be able to access the web management page so ensure you’re typing the address correctly.
How to change Wi-Fi SSID and Password through 10.0.0.1?
Here is how you can change your Wi-Fi Name/SSID and Password through 10.0.0.1:
- Open the admin dashboard by following the aforementioned method.
- Once you are inside the admin dashboard, go to Wireless Section > Wireless Settings.
- Change your SSID by entering a new Wi-Fi SSID in the given Wi-Fi Network Name/SSID field.
- Change your password by entering a new password (8-32 characters) in the Wi-Fi password/passphrase key.
- Click on Save to confirm the changes.
Forgot Router IP address password?
Generally, the router username and password is mentioned under your router however if it is not present there you can check the user guideline that comes along with the router box you will find it there. You may check our list of default router ID and password.
In case you are still unable to locate or remember the login credentials you may perform a factory reset of your router to revert back to default settings. To do so, simply press the small “RESET” button on the router for 5-10 seconds. Once the light indicators start blinking the operation is successful.
Please note that performing a factory reset will remove all the manual configurations you may have previously done in the web management page such as your Wi-Fi network name (SSID), password, guest networks, MAC Filtering. So proceed with caution.
10.0.0.1 Refused to Connect
If you are unable to access anything on 10.0.0.1 or 10.0.0.1 refused to connect then the reason behind this could be that the default gateway address for your router may be other than http://10.0.0.1 such as 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.254.
That is why your browser is unable to access anything on 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.1 refused to connect. Try using the correct default gateway address to access the admin dashboard.